StruxureWare Data Center Operation: Energy Efficiency allows you to configure the data for calculating the Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) or Data Center Infrastructure Efficiency (DCiE), the cost and CO2 emission per subsystem. Subsystem data can either be measured (live) or computed (without power meters). You can view the graphs that are published to the Energy Efficiency Dashboard for IT load, current PUE/DCiE, historical PUE/DCiE, costs and CO2 emission per subsystem.
- WP-161: Allocating Data Center Energy Costs and Carbon to IT Users
- WP-157: Selecting an Industry-Standard Metric for Data Center Efficiency
- WP-154: Electrical Efficiency Measurement for Data Centers
- WP-114: Implementing Energy Efficient Data Centers
- WP-113: Electrical Efficiency Modeling for Data Centers
- WP-66: Estimating a Data Center's Electrical Carbon Footprint
You can toggle the efficiency metric between PUE and DCiE in Tools > Preferences > General.
video tutorial to learn how to measure the data center efficiency.Watch this
Energy Efficiency Metrics
Energy Efficiency Dashboard
RELATED COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
WAS THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL?