Installing the StruxureWare Portal
Installation of the portal server is supported on Linux and Windows.
- The StruxureWare Portal installer is available for download here.
- If you need to upgrade an existing installation please see the upgrade instructions here.
Installing a new StruxureWare Portal on a Linux/Redhat machine
- Download the linux-installer.x.xxxx.zip to e.g. the Downloads folder.
- Unzip the installer zip file using the command:
unzip linux-installer.x.xxxx.zipThe zip file will be unzipped in the Struxureware Portal folder in the current location.
- Switch to the Struxureware Portal folder using the command:
- Give write permissions to the installation using this command:
sudo chmod +x install.sh
- Run the installer command:
sudo ./install.sh installPostgres noupgrade start
- When the "Server is started" message displays, launch the portal using ServerIP:8080 or localhost:8080 (if launching on the same system).
Installing a new StruxureWare Portal on a Windows machine
- Download the latest StruxureWare Portal installer file for Windows.
- Double-click the exe file to run the installer and follow the wizard to install the Struxureware Portal to a location of your choice (default C:\Program Files).
The exe file will install Struxureware Portal and Postgres.
- Wait for at least 10 minutes after installation and launch the Struxureware Portal application in any browser.
- To launch the browser on the same system use “localhost:8080”, to launch the browser on another system use the Windows system IP for the machine on which the StruxureWare Portal is installed followed by port 8080, e.g. 10.179.130.xxx:8080
Configuring the initial setup of the StruxureWare Portal
- Open the StruxureWare Portal and sign in.
- Open the link on the last page of the installation wizard.
- Or, in a Web browser, type the IP address of the server on which you installed the StruxureWare Portal using port 8080: http://PortalServerIP:8080.
- Follow the instructions on the Welcome page, starting by signing in with the default user
The portal shows built-in instructions on the pages as you configure the setup. For further tips on configuring the portal, see Configuring StruxureWare Portal.
There is no supported password reset option in StruxureWare Portal.